An image of St. Clement's church, the place of worship for the clan MacLeod, can be seen on the background of this site.

A beautifully restored 16th Century building, closely related to the Augustinian nunnery on Iona, it is a treasure trove of late medieval masonry and is steeped in history & legend.
 
click here
to contact us
Rodel
The old capital
and ancient port of Harris
Relaxing
Outstanding
Dramatic
Emerald
Landscape
click for larger image
click for larger image
click for larger image
click for larger image
click for larger image
The Isle of Harris is the crown of the Outer Hebrides and Rodel is the jewel within it.

A serene little village in South Harris with 13 crofts, set within lush green pastures and dwarfed by the Scrannabhal and Roineabhal hills.

Endorsements donít come any higher than the reigning Monarchís so when the royal yacht Britannia anchored off Renish point in 1956 and the sovereign landed at the village pier, Rodel became a Royal household name.

A village fit for a queen is an ideal holiday location for anyone.